Today I found this recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Spoon batter into an loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes to 1 hour (depending on size of loaf pans) or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
I would highly recommend you invest in one of these bread pans from King Arthur Flour. They are amazing and the bread practically leaps out of them. They cook evenly and they are really well made pans that will last forever. Check them out here
It's a keeper. I'll be having it for a snack on the porch.