Monday, July 23, 2012

Beach Baby

Where have I been?

At the beach!  Doing lots of this


and more eating than I care to mention and visiting with family and all around relaxing.  It was lovely and went way too fast.

While we were there we had a birthday celebration for my father's 60th birthday.  His actual birthday is in August but since we had family together it was a perfect time to celebrate.  I made some little favors for everyone to take home.


I had initially planned on putting some Jordan's almonds in a little favor box and topping it with a sticker but I was having a really hard time finding inexpensive gift favor boxes in a small quantity.  I needed less than 25 which can be tricky to find.  So I decided I would fashion some little favor bags instead.

I purchased a pack of little cellophane treat bags from the craft store.


and I discovered in my paper stash some red cardstock


I cut the cardstock into strips the same width as the treat bags and folded them over using my metal ruler for a crisper edge.



I placed some Jordan's almonds in a cellophane treat bag and folded over the top


Then I slide the red cardstock over the top of that


punched two holes through the cardstock and the bag


so it looked like this


and was ready to secure with a ribbon and embellish with a sticker of my Dad as a little boy with their pug.  I ordered these photo stickers from Shutterfly and thought they came out great.


Easy as that


always better in a group


They were simple and turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself.  The best part was my Dad was totally surprised and touched by the celebration.

Ah, wish we were back at the beach... 



2 comments:

  1. OMG what a nice little favor! You're talented lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable photo of you and your sweet son! We haed to the beach at the end of this week and can't wait! I hope you saved some good beach weather for us! Love the little gift bags!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I like them!