Monday, February 13, 2012

reunited

I inherited a dresser from my grandparents years ago.  I'm told it was part of their very first bedroom set when they married.   I had it in two of my apartments I shared with friends but it never made the move back down to the city with me and has been living in my parent's basement since.  Our guest room did have a desk in it but we brought that desk down to the basement for my husband's office area.  A perfect spot for the dresser was cleared and my parents were able to cram it in their cars and bring it down!

It is a little beat up and scratched here and there but in my opinion it looks loved.  The pulls were tarnished and dirty though.


Here is a close up of one.


I removed them all and got some brass cleaner from the grocery store.  They all got a nice scrub down and here they are.

It removed the crud but they still have an antique look that I like.  Back on they went.


I'm so happy to be reunited with this dresser. 

6 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful dresser, and so awesome that it was your grandparent's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! It is beautiful! Not all wood needs to be painted! The polished brass makes a huge difference huh?! It's a lovely sentimental piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - the more dinged, the more character!! Great job on the knobs - still has some great patina.

    Glad you liked my kitchen - can't wait to see what you do with open shelving.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree! Love this dresser! It reminds me of the dresser that belonged to my grandparent's set! It was so sweet, this set had twin beds which is all I can ever remember them using! Love the knobs too!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely dresser. I bet its perfect in your 1950s house! And how sweet that it is a family piece.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I like them!