Friday, April 13, 2012

well homegoods you just might be right...

 

According to my Home Good quiz:

 

Teresa, you are an Elegant Classic

You have a refined sensibility with an appreciation for history and tradition in your furniture and your rooms. You value beauty, things that are well crafted, and family heirlooms. You are visually sensitive and understand how symmetry and a formal layout give order to a room, and hence your home is refined and calming. You are not taken in by the trends of the moment. You go for things with a timeless appeal, and appreciate old-fashioned virtues like manners and handwritten notes and making a home that is welcoming for others.
You value serenity. While there are probably a lot of interesting things in your home, they are joined by your taste or a certain palette that keeps them in harmony. You appreciate the beauty in simple forms. Whether fancy or plain, you appreciate things that are well made and function as well as they look. You also have a strong respect for the environment and craftsmanship. You care about how things are made, and how they are used.

Yeah,  I'd say that is pretty accurate.   It would be the only time I would feel comfortable referring to myself as "elegant".   I do indeed value beauty and I am VERY visually sensitive.  My Aunt has told me that my home feels calm and my dear friend (you know who you are) loves being here and never wants to leave.  She says she loves the way it feels here and I think that is due to the surroundings, oh and my charming company of course!  I am not immune to trends as evidence by the chevron in my home but I wouldn't say I'm terribly caught up in them either.  So, yeah Home Goods you are not 100% but pretty darn close. 

There is a certain palette that keeps our home in harmony.  Not everything matches but the tone of the colors in each room is similar.   Like the soft grey in the master bedroom...


has a tone that echoes the taupey tan in the living and dining rooms...


even the green of the guest room...


...  it all sort matches but doesn't. 


 You definitely don't walk into any rooms in our house and go "Whoa, where did that come from!"  It feels cohesive which I think is nice in a home, particularly a small home where drastic color changes or decor styles can be really jarring.  You can see several other rooms when you are in any of the rooms in our house so it becomes pretty important that they are joined visually in some way.  I'd like to say this was totally intentional and while I did plan to have a color palette that ran throughout the house, when it came to choosing colors I didn't think about whether the dining room tied in with the bedroom.  It just sorta happened because it was what I gravitated towards.  When a friend of mine first saw our house she said "Your house looks like you!  It's your colors!" and then pointed out that the outfit I was wearing matched the decor.  I just keep gravitating to a certain palette, a certain look and I think that has served me well thus far in terms of decorating. 


Take your Home Goods style quiz here and let me know what you are.  Does your house feel cohesive throughout?  Do you think that is a good thing or a bad thing?   Thanks Mandi at Vintage Revivals for sharing the quiz!

2 comments:

  1. I will have to go check out the quiz! I'd say your results match well with both your home and blog!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I like them!