- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple, marshmallows and coconut. Add sour cream and toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 4 servings.
|Taste of Home|
So, it was gone and I thought it would be nice to have more but I didn't have all of the ingredients anymore. I mixed up a newfangled, I don't want to go to the store and get more ingredients ambrosia salad with what I had on hand which happened to be:
- 8 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 4 clementines segmented and cut in half
- 1/2-3/4 cup of mini marshmallows (depending on your fondness for them)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
Mix it all up and refrigerate for a few hours to overnight.
It isn't a huge departure from the original but it is a smidge different and very tasty.
|All mixed up and ready to chill|
Not Just a Housewife
The Kurtz Corner