Tuesday, May 1, 2012

no bake PB cookies

Last night I wanted something sweet but didn't feel like turning the oven on.  I remembered this recipe I found here and got to work.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 cups rolled oats (old fashioned) [*Quick oats will make the mixture too gooey]

Directions:


  1. In lg saucepan, mix sugar, butter, and milk; bring to a full, rolling boil over med heat. (full, rolling boil = large bubbles rising to surface that can't be stirred down).
  2. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
     
     
  3. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until peanut butter is melted; stir in oats.
  4. Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
     
     


    I decided that about a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips couldn't hurt matters so I went ahead and threw them in with the oats.

    They are sweet, really sweet.  Like a peanut butter cup with oats mixed in.  A sugar bomb was how I explained my first bite to my husband.  A wonderfully delicious sugar bomb.
     



1 comment:

  1. These are my second favorite cookie of all time (1st is choc chip)! Please save one for me!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I like them!