- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats (old fashioned) [*Quick oats will make the mixture too gooey]
- In lg saucepan, mix sugar, butter, and milk; bring to a full, rolling boil over med heat. (full, rolling boil = large bubbles rising to surface that can't be stirred down).
- Boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until peanut butter is melted; stir in oats.
- Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
I decided that about a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips couldn't hurt matters so I went ahead and threw them in with the oats.
They are sweet, really sweet. Like a peanut butter cup with oats mixed in. A sugar bomb was how I explained my first bite to my husband. A wonderfully delicious sugar bomb.