Wednesday, May 9, 2012

swing

I've got a new print to share.


A big old tree with a swing.  I never had a swing hanging from a tree growing up.  I love the idea of swinging and looking up through the leaves and branches to the sky.

I mixed up a tealish green for this one.  I'm going to experiment a more with printing in colors.  I also picked up gold printing ink and tried out the peacock in solid gold.


Suits that fancy bird I think. 

The interesting thing about the carving and printing process is once you carve it away, its gone!  I had intended to leave that hole in the trunk to absorb ink but I was carving away and forgot myself.  I get in a bit of a rhythm and forget my plans at times. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the rope on the swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have found a medium that suits you so well! Very inspiring... makes me want to go buy some supplies give it a try (I haven't done block printing since highschool!)
    Great photos!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I like them!